A painful lesson of what can happen highball bouldering, updated with video.
Dave Wetmore put together a short video of Max Zolotukhin and company doing the first repeat* of Random Man (V11, FA James Litz 2001) at this year’s Hound Ears Triple Crown event. Check out the rest of Dave’s blog for a lot of interesting stuff from the Rumney scene. An update on Phil Schaal’s gnarly skin problems that plagued him at the comp is here.
*See comment from Wills Young below
Results from the 2009 Triple Crown Bouldering Series stop at Hound Ears, NC. UPDATED with links to more pictures.
The International bouldering circuit returns to American soil today with the kick-off of the Bouldering World Cup at the Teva Mountain Games in Vail, CO.
- Adam Markert, Alex Johnson, Alex Puccio, Andre Di Felice, Andrea Szekely, Anna Stöhr, Audrey Gawrych, Carlo Traversi, Charlotte Jouett-Bosley, Chauncenia Carroll, Daniel Woods, Emily Harrington, Francesca Metcalf, Future Roden, Garrett Gregor, Johnny Goicoechea, Julian Bautista, Kate McGinnis, Kilian Fischhuber, Kyle Owen, Lisa Rands, Lizzy Asher, Max Zolotukhin, Melissa LaCasse, Nalle Hukkataival, Paul Robinson, Sydney McNair, Tiffany Hensley
Max Zolotukhin has done the 3rd ascent of Dave Graham’s The Book Of Bitter Aspects at Bradley, CT, registering it at V13 on his 8a spraycard.
I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of hard (V14 and up) boulder problems that have not been repeated in North America. Thanks to everyone for help in compiling these problems (Most of these grades are pure speculation from outside observers): Nuclear War – V14 – Matt Bosley – Harriman State Park, […]
- Adam Taylor, Alex Megos, Alex Puccio, Andre Di Felice, Anthony Chertudi, Ashima Shiraishi, Bernd Zangerl, Brian Antheunisse, Brian Boyko, Brian Hedrick, Brion Voges, Carlo Traversi, Chris Schulte, Chris Sharma, Chris Webb Parsons, Christophe Maschelein, Cory French, Dan Beall, Daniel Woods, Dave Graham, Dave Wetmore, Elan Jonas Mcrae, Ethan Pringle, Giovanni Traversi, Gregor Peirce, Guillaume Glairon-Mondet, Isaac Caldiero, James Kassay, James Litz, Jason Kehl, Jesse Warren, Jim Merli, Johnny Goicoechea, Jon Cardwell, Jorg Verhoeven, Josh Muller, Kevin Jorgeson, Kevin Kuckovich, Luke Parady, Mark Heal, Matt Bosley, Matt Fultz, Matt Hong, Matt Wilder, Max Zolotukhin, Michael O'Rourke, Mirko Caballero, Nalle Hukkataival, Ned Feehally, Niccolò Ceria, Nick Duttle, Paul Robinson, Phil Schaal, Sachi Amma, Sam Davis, Sam Edwards, Sean McColl, Shawn Diamond, Simon Parton, Taylor McNeil, Thomas Betterton, Tim Clifford, Tim Doyle, Tony Lamiche, Toru Nakajima, Toshi Takeuchi, Ty Landman, Yves Gravelle, Zach Lerner
- Arkansas, Boulder Canyon, Bradley, Buttermilks, Clear Creek Canyon, Eldorado Canyon, Guanella Pass, Gunks, Happy Boulders, Hueco Tanks, Lilly Boulders, Little Cottonwood Canyon, Moe's Valley, Mt. Evans, Nicky's Boulders, RMNP, Rocktown, Rumney, Secret Garden, Squamish, Sylvan Lake, The Temple, Wild Basin
- Narc: Thanks, Michael!...
- Michael: Your website is still to this day bookmarked on al...
- benboi: Hey dude, came back to the site and was shocked to...
- Chuck: We miss you, Narc! You were awesome on those comp ...
- Narc: Thanks, John. Always great to hear stories like th...
- John: Does this mean you'll be blogging consistently ag...
- Jordan: I'm quite nostalgic reading this. You and Chris w...
- Moving On And Getting Over January 9, 2019
- Rhythm April 29, 2015
- Video Friday – 4/3/2015 April 3, 2015
- Miller, Lightner Win 2015 SCS Nationals April 1, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Finals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Semifinals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Qualifiers March 27, 2015