- Joe Kinder is back on the road again after spending much of the first half of 2009 based in southern Utah. Recently he was up at Horne Lake near Vancouver, BC redpointing A.D.A.T.O (5.14b), Dinosaur Highway (5.14a) and Driven (5.14a).
- After moving to Utah from the Midwest, Brad Weaver is back in sport climbing shape as evidenced by a slew of quick redpoints at Maple Canyon. In recent weeks he has sent 5 5.13c, 2 5.13d, 2 5.14a and 2 5.14b.
- Speaking of Maple Canyon, 54 year old Chuck Odette has been climbing well there of late as well sending a couple of hard 5.13s/easy 5.14s. Check out this interesting, and at times funny, article from 2001 for more about the amazingly youthful looking Odette.
- Jonathan Siegriest did the 4th ascent of Primetime To Shine (5.14b) at Clear Creek Canyon, CO on his first attempt of this link-up of the cruxes of routes Primeval (5.13d/14a) and Shine (5.14a) which he had done previously.
- Deadpoint Magazine caught up with Andy Raether who has been keeping a pretty low profile
- Will Stanhope recently did the 5th ascent of Sonnie Trotter’s Cobra Crack (5.14) in Squamish, BC. More at his blog.
- Adam Ondra continued his mission to repeat old, unrepeated Alex Huber sport routes last week when he did Om (5.14d) at Endstal, Germany. PlanetMountain has a cool article where they talk to Huber about Ondra and the state of hard sport climbing.
- Lonnie Kauk blogs about life as Ron Kauk’s son
- A man wielding an ice pick robs Black Diamond, doesn’t find any diamonds
- Word on the street is that the marriage of Beth Rodden and Tommy Caldwell is over. While the interpersonal relationships of climbers is not normally appropriate for discussion on this blog, Beth and Tommy had built a pretty powerful brand around their being a climbing couple so the fact that they are no longer together seems like “news”. What couple will come along and pick up the torch? Chris & Daila, Joe & Colette…???
Posted In: News, News & Notes, Sport Climbing
Climbers: Adam Ondra, Alex Huber, Andy Raether, Beth Rodden, Brad Weaver, Chuck Odette, Joe Kinder, Jonathan Siegrist, Lonnie Kauk, Tommy Caldwell, Will Stanhope
Areas: Clear Creek Canyon, Endstal, Horne Lake, Maple Canyon, Squamish
- Animull89: So gnarly that he did that twice...I remember the ...
- Narc: Thank you!...
- Narc: Hard to believe it's been over 5 years now of (tr...
- Matt: Hola, Narc! Glad you keep the site alive. Retur...
- Jesse: Man, I miss this place. Thanks for the good times,...
- What is Dabbing? | Climbing Vocabulary and Culture | Send Edition: […] One of my favorite comments that I found...
- Austin: Where is the Falling Block? All I can find is tha...
- Moving On And Getting Over January 9, 2019
- Rhythm April 29, 2015
- Video Friday – 4/3/2015 April 3, 2015
- Miller, Lightner Win 2015 SCS Nationals April 1, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Finals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Semifinals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Qualifiers March 27, 2015