Well then. Hello there and welcome back from what was hopefully a 3 day weekend for you that hopefully involved climbing of some sort in your life.
Mrs. Narc and I thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend at the Red River Gorge despite the heat, humidity and the unbelievably large crowds down in the Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve. Obviously holiday weekends are going to be busy, but it went from crowded on Saturday to insane on Sunday with the line of parked cars stretching from the actual parking lot all the way to the pull off for Curbside.
Despite the aforementioned negatives the climbing was still quite fun, and I managed to fall off the last move of a route multiple times which is always good.
The weekend was not without its serious moments though as a climber was airlifted out of a near-by crag after decking from the second bolt of the popular climb Breakfast Burrito. It sounds like the injured climber is ok, but just hearing the sirens on Saturday made us all pause a bit.
So, that was my weekend. Did you get out climbing?? If so, share the what/where in the comments.
Until I get caught up, here is what was most popular on the site in the past month:
Recent Popular Posts
- The Insiders: A New Short From Big Up Productions
- 2nd Ascent Of The Story Of Two Worlds
- Battle In The Bubble Results
- Daniel Woods Visits Minnesota
- Alex Honnold In Red Rocks
- The Anti Cam
- Black Diamond Equipment & Gregory Mountain Products Acquired By Clarus Corp.
- 6th Ascent Of Jade
News & Notes
Top Rated Videos
- Alan Cassidy Climbing Rollito Sharma Extension (5.14b) in Santa Linya
- Yuji Hirayama Climbing 5.14 In Turkey
- Michele Caminati Sending Gecko Assis (V14) In Font
- Justin Alarcon Sends Shadow Warrior (V12)
- Christian Core On The FA Of A Beautiful New V13
- North Face Athletes At Melloblocco 2010
- Steph Davis: So In Control