- The 2010 European Championships for Lead, Bouldering and Speed took place over the weekend in Austria. UKClimbing has a nice writeup on the event complete with several excellent photos. Here are some notable results:
|2010 European Championships Lead Results|
|2010 European Championships Bouldering Results|
- Last week Steve Wampler reached the summit of Yosemite’s El Capitan becoming the first person with cerebral palsy to achieve that feat. According to this article on ABC News he had to pull himself up over 20,000 times just to reach the top!
- I mentioned last week that Jon Cardwell established a potential V14 boulder problem during his trip to Brazil. Via Kairn here is some video of his ascent:
- According to his 8a scorecard Pete Kamitses did the FA of Stoning The Fascist at Marshfield, Vermont’s Highgrade Ledge. He proposed a grade of 5.14b with this comment: “Crazy process…been trying this thing off and on for 3 years..felt like 9a for sure then once I’d done it, it felt easier…???”
- According to his 8a scorecard Alex Honnold did an all gear ascent of the East Face (5.13d R) on Smith Rock’s iconic Monkey Face. Previous ascents in this fashion were done by Sonnie Trotter and Will Stanhope.
- Earlier this month Vasya Vorotnikov did the 2nd ascent of Trebuchet (5.14b) at the New River Gorge according to his 8a scorecard.
- Alex Honnold shares the story of his recent solo of The Crucifix (5.12b) on Yosemite Valley’s Higher Cathedral Rock
- Dave Wetmore interviews Rob D’Anastasio in one of the better interviews I’ve read lately
- A few nice photos of Phil Schaal during his recent trip to Australia
- This goes for anywhere you are climbing, but remember to clean up after yourself when climbing on The Incredible Hulk in California’s High Sierra…and don’t forget to get a permit!
- The Access Fund recently announced the winners of over $13,000 in stewardship grants. Among the recipients of grant money were the owners of Muir Valley at the Red River Gorge who invest a lot of their own time and money to provide public access to such a great area.