The long wait for the next installment in the Dosage series of climbing movies is almost over. Next week, you will be able to see the movie for the first time (if you live in Boulder) and a wide release has been promised for some time in late June. Ok, great. But what will actually be in the movie?
I have been doing some digging, and I have been able to confirm a few details. Check out this detailed list of what will be in the ‘doses’ that comprise Dosage 5:
- Beth Rodden on Meltdown (5.14c) trad FA in Yosemite which would be awesome by itself. However, there will also be footage of her climbing on other traditional testpieces like The Phoenix (5.13a), Cosmic Debris (5.13b), Peace (5.13c/d) and Book of Hate (5.13d).
- Daniel Woods on the FA of Jade (V15) in RMNP plus Paul Robinson on the third ascent. Several other double digit RMNP problems from Daniel and Paul as well.
- Chris Sharma trying his two possible 5.15b projects in Santa Linya and Siurana, Spain.
- Dani Andrada on his 5.15 route/boulder Ali-Hulk Sentado in Rodellar, Spain.
- Daila Ojeda on 2 5.14s in Santa Linya and Siurana, Spain.
- Patxi Usobiaga on 2 5.14cs in Santa Linya and Margalef, Spain.
- Randy Puro and Tommy Caldwell on new boulders in Yosemite, including the 1st and 2nd ascents of Dogwood (V12), FA of Yabo Roof (V12), FA of Xenophile (V11), 2nd ascent of Tim Clifford’s Park Life (V12) as well as ascents of Drive On (V11) and Kumba (V11).
- Footage from Yangshuo, China featuring Mike Fuselier and Axel Ballay. FA of American Gangster (5.14b) and 2 other 5.14 FAs
- Dave Graham, Ty Landman, Jon Cardwell, Jason Kehl and Chad Greedy in Arkansas. Lost in The Hood (V14) FA, Wood Grain Grippin (V14) FA, many more FAs in the V12-V13 range.
- Jason Kehl and Chris Lindner bouldering in Albarracin, Spain
- “Secrets of the The East” – the unknown gems of New England with Paul Robinson, Matt Bosley and more – FAs of several V10-V14 problems around NY, CT, and MA.
Overall, this installment in the Dosage series looks like it will continue the tradition of being even better (the first 4 were pretty awesome!) than the previous installments. If you are going to be seeing it at the premier next Wednesday in Boulder, be sure to drop me a line and let me know how it goes.
Stay tuned to Climbingnarc.com for more details!