A funny thing happened earlier this week: Adam Ondra “finally” repeated Biographie in Céüse and barely anyone seemed to notice.
I warmed up by checking out the moves on Biographie, this took circa 1 hour. Then I started to make the attempts, and had circa 30 – 40 minutes rest between each go. Conditions were very good and my first feeling was: I’m going to send it today.
His thoughts on why he didn’t try to flash or onsight the route are interesting to read as well.
- I’ve seen a lot of people refer to him having done it in three attempts, but I think it was actually four. But who’s counting, right? ↩
In case we needed more evidence that Alex Megos is one of the top climbers in history, over the weekend he repeated Chris Sharma’s Biographie (5.15a) in just one day.
Footage of Jonathan Siegrist on Biographie
R&I: Did you scream like Sharma when you stuck the jug near the top?
JS: Like a banshee.
- benboi: Hey dude, came back to the site and was shocked to...
- Chuck: We miss you, Narc! You were awesome on those comp ...
- Narc: Thanks, John. Always great to hear stories like th...
- John: Does this mean you'll be blogging consistently ag...
- Jordan: I'm quite nostalgic reading this. You and Chris w...
- Luke w Waggoner: bummer. I also enjoyed your commentary! (as well a...
- Jon: Bummer to hear the news! I’m sure boulder nation...
- Moving On And Getting Over January 9, 2019
- Rhythm April 29, 2015
- Video Friday – 4/3/2015 April 3, 2015
- Miller, Lightner Win 2015 SCS Nationals April 1, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Finals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Semifinals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Qualifiers March 27, 2015