The holidays have me a bit behind on things, but here is a quick look at what was in the December issues of both Climbing and Urban Climber. Climbing #291 has a mostly ice climbing focus while Urban Climber has a feature profile piece on Daniel Woods.
Climbing #291 – December 2010
What’s on the cover:
Adrien Erlandson climbing on Thin Chance in Hyalite Canyon, MT
- Soft Kor by Brendan Leonard – 7 Layton Kor climbs that mere mortals can enjoy
- Diamonds in the Dust by Molly Loomis – Climbing in Oman
- Baja Unrequited by Bennett Barthelemy – Epicing while searching for rock in Mexico
- Skills Special: Steep Ice – Tips from 7 ice climbing experts
- Hot Flashes from The Eiger
- Off The Wall – Climbing the “Fifty Classics”, Paul Ross’s 500th FA and more
- Ten Things you didn’t know about the early days of Sport Climbing
- Players Profile of…me?
- Tech tips on the dangers of dirty ropes
- Classic Climbs – Dopey Duck (5.9)
- Mileage – Sea-cliff ice climbing in Quebec
- Perspective piece on Dean Fidelman
I don’t ice climb but I imagine the Skills Special on ice climbing would be quite helpful for those that are interested. Otherwise the article about 7 attainable Layton Kor classics is a good place to find your next adventure.
buy singulair online https://langleyrx.com/dir/singulair.html no prescription
Urban Climber #45 – December 2010
What’s on the cover:
- La Fore Tranquille by Caroline Treadway – Profile piece on Daniel Woods
- Young Guns 2010 by Jackie Hueftle – A look at some of the young, up and comers in the sport
- Urban (Climber) Dictionary by Matt Samet and Andrew Tower
- Profiles of Adam Peters, Jackie Hueftle, Liu Yong Bang and Lizzy Asher
- Getting the most from your home gym
- Homage – Disastrous first ice climbing trips
- Plastic Paradise visits Florida’s The Edge climbing gym
- UC pairs up well-known climbing areas with their appropriate adult beverages
It was nice to learn more about Daniel Woods including an interesting anecdote about some of the non-climbing related difficulties he encountered surrounding his send of Jaws II (5.15a) last fall.