Here are a few stories that caught my attention over the past few days:
- Via the Twitter feed of Max Zolotukhin comes word that Mike Foley repeated China Glide (5.14d), a link-up of China Beach (5.14b) and Livin’ Astro (5.14c), in Rumney, NH.
- Out in Colorado, Jamie Emerson reports that Alex Puccio flashed Fireball (V10) in RMNP. Not to be outdone, Chris Webb Parsons flashed both Fireball and Stranger In A Strange Land (V12).
- Jamie has also been spending time out at Mt. Evans where many new problems have been established of late, most notably a new V13 called The Great War for Civilisation that was found by Dave Graham and first climbed by Daniel Woods. Check out a few pictures of Graham trying the line here.
- UrbanClimber caught up with Angie Payne after her recent repeat of Clear Blue Skies (V11/12) at Mt. Evans for a nice interview.
- Dmitry Sharafutdinov and Anna Stohr won the most recent Bouldering World Cup in Eindhoven. Other notable finishes were Canadian Sean McColl who finished a close 2nd and American Alex Johnson who finished 9th. Results can be found here and a few pictures can be found here.
- For whatever reason there have been a fair number of accidents lately in Colorado’s Eldorado Canyon including 1 fatality last week. Just this past weekend 2 climbers were attempting to climb 100 pitches in a day when the leader took a bad fall. It appears he is going to live, but this report by the other member of the party is a thorough and pretty fascinating read. (Thanks to Peter Beal’s facebook page for that link)
- Mrs. Narc and I are hitting the road in a few days for a much anticipated road trip out west through Wyoming and Montana. This means two weeks of fun for us, but it also means that updates to this blog will be fleeting at best. You’ve been warned…