- Chris Sharma did the FA of a variation to the infamous First Round, First Minute project at Margalef. This new line, dubbed First Ley (5.15a), climbs the first part of FRFM before trending left. Full details at TLD.
- Daila Ojeda has climbed her first 5.14b, Oliana’s Fish Eye.
- Dani Andrada is an animal
- Australia’s Chris Webb Parsons’ recovery from shoulder surgery is nothing short of impressive. Here’s some video of him sending The Buttermilker (V13) at the Buttermilks just a year after severely dislocating his shoulder:
- Alex Puccio did the FFA of Tequila Sunrise during the Hueco Rock Rodeo last weekend. Once graded V13 after its FA by Nalle Hukkataival, this problem seems to be settling in the V12 range.
- Full results for the 2010 Hueco Rock Rodeo have yet to be posted, but thanks to the Spot’s blog one can learn the top 3 finishers in the Men’s & Women’s Mutant category. For several videos of men’s 2nd place finisher Sam Davis click here.
|Men’s Results||Women’s Results|
- Nalle Hukkataival offers a well reasoned and informed opinion on the grade debate that has been swirling around the interwebs this week. Be sure to check out the comments for additional thoughts from Nalle.
- Registration for the 2010 Teva Mountain Games is now open
- Planetmountain interviews Adam Ondra and Iker Pou
- ClimbTalk Radio interviews Thomas Betterton and Steve Mammen
- The online version of the Red River Gorge guidebook just underwent a major overhaul. I can’t say that I love the look but the new functionality is superb.
- Boston Rock Gym interview with Tim Kemple which includes an interesting tidbit about how Kemple is starting a video production company with Renan Ozturk and Jimmy Chin. Based on the trio’s prior work this collaboration is pretty exciting..
- Part 2 of Peter Beal’s discussion with former Climbing Magazine EIC Matt Samet
- Writing on the Five Ten Blog, Ethan Pringle goes back in time to the days when he received his first shoe sponshorship
- A reminder for those in the southeast: the HP40 Rocks comp is taking place this Saturday.
- Rib Mountain, a small bouldering area in northern WI, is closed to climbing.
- Update on the forthcoming guidebook to RMNP and Mt. Evans
- Touchstone climbing catches up with Alex Honnold:
Bishop has been fun this winter. I’m trying to build some power, in the hope that I won’t always fall off of the hard moves on routes. I think I’m naturally more of an endurance climber, so I guess I’m just trying to train my weakness.
But after about 6 weeks of bouldering I’m starting to get kind of into it. It’s so fun and chill. Super mellow. I see why so many people love to boulder. But I’m still fantasizing about walls. . .