First off, if you were unable to access climbingnarc.com over the weekend you were not alone. Fortunately, the non-existent problem with my host has been corrected and the site is back up and running. Thanks to everyone who let me know that the site was down. Hopefully your weekend wasn’t ruined.
In other news, Nic Oklobzija did the FA of The Raven (V12) this weekend on the so-called 30 degree roof at Sandstone, Minnesota, adding it to the short list of “hardest problems in the midwest”. Here’s the video:
The definition of what boulder problems are in “the midwest” is murky at best, (for the purposes of WI climbers I think that SoIll would probably be included as well since Sawmill up in MN is just as far away) but here is Nic’s “Big 6” hard problems in MN and WI:
- The Amateur (V12/13 – Sawmill, MN – unrepeated)
- The Raven (V12 – Sandstone, MN – unrepeated)
- Left Of Lloyds SDS aka The Sporting Life (V12 – Taylor’s Falls, MN)
- Left Of Lloyds (V11 – Taylor’s Falls, MN)
- Exodus (V10/11 – Sawmill, MN)
- The Keymaker (V10 – Devil’s Lake, WI)
I’m a lifetime 0 for 6, how about you??