For those that didn’t know, I spent the better part of the past 2 weeks in Hueco Tanks sampling some of the best boulder problems I’ve ever seen. I’ll have more to say about that later this week, but right now I’m simply trying to play catch up from all that I missed while away from a computer.
Here are a few links that caught my attention, if there is something you feel like I missed don’t hesitate to share it in the comments.
- The 2009 Triple Crown event at HP40 took place with Jimmy Webb and Alex Puccio winning their respective Open categories. You can read various comp reports from climbers here, here, here, here or here. Combined results from the first 2 legs of the Triple Crown are here.
- Fred Nicole’s Dreamtime (V14), one of the most famous boulder problems in the world, has broken.
- The Access Fund partnered with Visa to launch the Access Fund Visa® affinity Platinum Rewards credit card. Looks like a cool way to support the Access Fund.
- French climber Pierre Bollinger added a new 5.14 to Smith Rock, OR with his FA of Shoot’m Up (5.14b).
- Alpinist Kelly Cordes has an excellent new blog with my favorite post so far being his discussion about how large of a rack to bring on a climb.
- Kevin Jorgeson provides a 4th update on his and Tommy Caldwell’s progress on El Cap.
- Max Zolotukhin has some free time on his hands and he’s started a blog. First topic on the agenda is an interesting debate over the best boulder problems in the country at each grade.
- Alex Savage added a hard new problem to Black Mountain, CA
- 10 questions for Adam Ondra
- 5 questions for Andrew Kornylak
- Splitter Choss is running a contest to see who has the most worn out Gri Gri with the prize being, of course, a new Gri Gri.
- A nice review of the new La Sportiva TC Pro
- Carlo Traversi and Mike McClure did the 4th and 5th ascents respectively of a recent James Litz addition to Joe’s Valley, The Masterpiece (V13ish). Here’s the video from each: