Not a whole lot going on this past week on the spray front. Here are a few interesting links to help get you to the weekend:
- Sonnie Trotter has an excellent discussion taking place on his blog about whether top climbers are born with genetic gifts or if they developed their skills through hard work and determination.
- Deadpoint Magazine has one of the better interviews with Kevin Jorgeson after his recent FA of Ambrosia (Vhard/5.scary). One of Jorgeson’s contentions is that the grade of a route like Ambrosia is not relevant, but at least one person disagrees.
- James Pearson responded with a non-response to the recent internet controversy over Dave MacLeod’s repeat and subsequent downgrade of Walk Of Life.
- AllClimbing is currently running a poll on what your favorite brand of climbing shoes is.
- Via The Adventure Blog is this very interesting Outside Magazine interview with alpinist Colin Haley. Who knew there are people out there that have actually researched heroin prior to shooting up.
- Steve has some better pictures posted of the hard problems at Devil’s Lake that I was talking about recently.
This has been a rather dismal week to be living in Wisconsin. The high temperature has not eclipsed the 0 degree Fahrenheit mark in almost 2 days. I wish I could say that I was taking advantage of this weather to ramp up my indoor training, but that has not been the case. How is everyone that can’t climb outside holding up?