Alex Megos Climbing Montecore (V14 or 15)
INERTIA 2: Focus
Melissa Le Nevé Climbing Wallstreet (5.14b)
Rock Climbing Classics – EP #2 Action Directe (5.14d)
→ Melissa Le Nevé Repeats World’s First 5.14b∞
PlanetMountain has the interview with Melissa Le Nevé after she became the first woman to climb the first 5.14b in the world, Wolfgang Güllich’s Wallstreet in Germany’s Frankenjura:
I really wanted to try this route for two reasons: first of all because i really like the history and this route and with it Wolfgang Güllich set an important milestone in the history of sport climbing. The other reason why I really wanted to climb this route is connected to the its name, Wallstreet reminds me of Pink Floyd and their album The Wall.
→ Action Directe (5.14d) In A Day By Alex Megos∞
PlanetMountain caught up with Alex Megos after he repeated the legendary Action Directe (5.14d) in just a few hours this past weekend:
Yes, the thought [of trying to flash the route] had occurred to me but I then quickly decided that this was fairly unrealistic. The dyno at the start is known to be really difficult and it’s proved to be a big problem for many of those who’ve repeated the route and are by far better at dynos then I am. Climbing it in a day was a big enough challenge!
- No Climbers associated with this post
Alex Megos Frankenjura 2014
- Nate: The narc lives on, at least as an archive. Miss th...
- Climbing Controversy: Behind the Decades-Long Conflict Roiling the Sport’s Elite - Swiss Cycles: […] the world’s first consensus 5.15b in 2...
- Climbing Controversy: Behind the Decades-Long Conflict Roiling the Sport’s Elite - Swiss Cycles: […] that they didn’t see repeats for decad...
- Animull89: So gnarly that he did that twice...I remember the ...
- Narc: Thank you!...
- Narc: Hard to believe it's been over 5 years now of (tr...
- Matt: Hola, Narc! Glad you keep the site alive. Retur...
- Moving On And Getting Over January 9, 2019
- Rhythm April 29, 2015
- Video Friday – 4/3/2015 April 3, 2015
- Miller, Lightner Win 2015 SCS Nationals April 1, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Finals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Semifinals March 28, 2015
- Live From 2015 SCS Nationals Qualifiers March 27, 2015