More on the weekend later but here is some spray from the past week:
- Helping me get my previous predictions off on the right foot, Ty Landman made the 2nd ascent of Ode To The Modern Man at Mt. Evans and gave it a grade of hard V14. See video of him putting it “in the satch” below.
- Dave Graham has done the first ascent of a 5.14d called Los Borrachos del Mascun at Rodellar, Spain. Roughly translates to The Drunkards of Mascun which must be some reference to a place in Spain. Should have more the next time he updates his pro blog at climbing.com
- As has been widely reported, Tim Clifford has done the first ascent of an uber-hard boulder problem at Squamish, BC. Check out his entry on moonclimbing.com for his recap of his efforts on this proud line.
- Check out hardclimbs.blogspot.com for what looks to be an endless stream of hard bouldering videos from Front Range strongmen.
- Spanish super-freak climber Ramon-Julian has his own website now. Again with the spanish language so I guess you could just look at the pictures or something.
- Freakclimbing has a nice article on Andreas Bindhmamer’s ascent of La Rambla (5.15a)
- Also at Freakclimbing is a video montage of Christian Core bouldering at the Buttermilks outside of Bishop, CA. Featured problems include The Mandala, Plains High Drifter and The Buttermilker. You have to register to see the video.
In the satch…