- Swiss climber Cedric Lachat (just about) onsighted the Free Rider variation to the Salathe Wall on El Capitan
- Sarah Seeger became the first woman to climb 5.14b in Germany’s Frankejura with her recent ascent of Orakel, while Markus Bock added another 5.15a FA to his resume with The Man That Follows Hell (5.15a). Read more about both ascents at PlanetMountain.com
- Italy’s Jenny Lavarda repeated Solo per Vecchi Guerrier, a multipitch route with pitches as hard as 5.14c/d. Very impressive.
- A few weeks after doing his first, Daniel Woods did his second 5.14d with an ascent of Los Inconformistas at Rodellar, Spain
- I think I’m still laughing from reading John Sherman’s latest blog on DPM.
- Via TheLowDown is this excellent interview with Adam Ondra about his recent spree of 5.14d ascents
- DPM interviews Tahoe strongman Jesse Bonin
- Excellent topos for the Incredible Hulk in California’s High Sierra
- The Adventure Film Festival is taking place November 12-14 in Boulder, CO
- Check out the Access Fund’s Fall Issue here
- Proposed fee increased at Nevada’s Red Rocks
…And One Video
It’s been all over the internet (including the videos sections on the Climbingnarc.com homepage), but if you haven’t already seen this video of Rich Simpson working on (and sending) the legendary Frankenjura testpiece Action Directe (5.14d) take 20 minutes to watch the whole thing. If it doesn’t leave you psyched to get out climbing, then there’s probably something wrong with you.