Mrs. Narc & I are on our way to Boulder, CO for this weekend’s ABS 10 National Championships. We will be on hand to coach during the Youth event and hopefully spectate for the Adult Finals Saturday night. Take the poll at the end of this post to register your votes for who you think will win this weekend.
Here are the few newsworthy links that caught my attention in the past 2 weeks:
- UKClimbing.com recently posted an excellent article on the logistics for a trip to the bouldering mecca that is Fontainebleau. The article has helpful tips on understanding the grading scale, the use of Pof and other important tidbits.
- Simon Carter has a follow-up with additional information about the recent accident in Australia involving some questionable bolting. If you haven’t seen it already, this video Carter took of how easy it was to remove the bolts is a must watch:
- Check out this lengthy interview with Matt Wilder. It’s definitely worth reading.
- Carlo Traversi has some thoughts on the state of the climbing industry in his latest post. Nothing all that new, but still interesting to read the thoughts of someone trying to make their profession through climbing.
- Spencer Victory’s video of Joe Kinder and Brad Weaver doing the first and second ascents of Southern Smoke (5.14c) at the Red River Gorge is now up on MVM.
- As a follow up on my post about Daniel Woods’ recent trip to Arkansas, Woods himself has posted a trip report on La Sportiva’s website. 9 out of 10 eh?