Hard for any news this week to seem all that impressive compared to what that one guy did, so here are some links to check out:
- Steph Davis has an informative post about how she lives an inexpensive lifestyle in order to climb full time
- Another interesting lifestyle post is this post on the Crag Baby blog about transitioning from the working world to a more nomadic climbing lifestyle
- Everything you could ever hope to know about the art of heel hooking
- It’s not too late to enter the Pitches With Pros contest brought to you by Mammut. You have until 1/11/09 to buy raffle tickets for a chance to climb with one of the following climbers: Dean Lords, Dean Potter, Steph Davis, Will Mayo or Sean Jones. Proceeds benefit the Big City Mountaineers charity.
- Via Mountains & Water, Northwest Mountain School, The Adventure Blog, Koan Bouldering and many others is this New York Times article about climbing legend Fred Beckey. Definitely worth checking out.
- The question was posted recently here on the forum and Peter Beal gives some thoughts on what has been going on at 8a.nu lately. Namely, what is up with all the Top 10 lists and controversial topics.
- Speaking of the Climbingnarc.com forums, I made some changes to them that should fix past problems that kept people from posting. If you have something off topic you want to discuss, that is the place to do it. You don’t need to register or anything, so fritter your day away.
Also worth noting from a site perspective is the new feature of threaded comments. You can now respond directly to each comment and the magic of the interweb will keep things organized. This should help keep things more orderly around here…or not.
so right here is no longer the place to mention that climb that I chipped the other day and how much I love this delicious fritter I’m currently enjoying? Note taken…
p.s. How hard do you think Black Ice is? oops
The Steph Davis post (and her blog) .. great stuff. Two more terms of school and I’ll be a dirtbag hobo climber.