| Video Source | ClimbingNarc Video Page
What the heck is up the the latest trend of non-music in climbing videos?
Please explain to me how this is non music?
I see nothing wrong with death metal as music. However, the primary reason music is paired with climbing videos is because the rhythm of the music compliments the flow of the movement. Therefore, it is appropriate to point out that this an obvious flaw in the video.
This is exactly what I was getting at. The entire point of music in a video is to COMPLEMENT what’s going on to enhance the overall experience. That’s why special attention is give to feature film sound tracks. There’s no reason why this can’t also be the case in climbing videos. Occasionally, the music is well chosen and thought out and enhances the overall mood and experience of watching the video. In the case of this video, however, it seems that the editor chose a random track of his ipod and put it there just to have some noise. There is absolutely no synergy.
That’s what you think music in climbing videos should be for. That doesn’t mean everyone else sees it that way.
Please share your own views then Dan. What is the purpose of the music?
I hate to be That Guy but there is no death metal in this video.
I was gonna be that guy… hahaha
There’s like a 15% chance we’re being trolled and a 50% chance Jamie is just trying to make videos that are a bit different than the normal video. There’s a 35% chance that I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Great track, although I’ve seen it used in quite a few other movies…mainly skiing/snowboarding, snowmobiling and other much faster paced, more aggressive sports. Whatever though, props to them for trying something different..it’s a nice change from the dubstep I hear everywhere else.
I came to defend the music, but the more I watch I’ll admit, its just not clicking for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m tired of the techno and the hippy music. Anyone who has ever watched Inertia 1 or 2 knows what my preference for music is. I love going back to those old films because they had the same hard hitting punk/rock soundtracks as the MotoX videos – No Use For A Name, Pennywise, Millencolin. I think this bugs people because the tempo shifts in the music aren’t paired well with the cuts between problems.
Props to Jamie for trying something new with the music. Maybe not the best soundtrack to a climbing film I’ve heard, but certainly not the worst.
I love how people still find something to complain about in a sweet climbing video.
I know right! I expected the higher number of comments to be about the impressive climbing or megos running laps on one of the hardest problems out there, but I guess I should know better by now, haha. I don’t blame the commenters for throwing their opinions out there though. Jamie had to know that someone would bring up the unconventional music choice. And it sparked interesting views from both sides. But all in all, who gives a shit, sick climbing
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2023 Climbing Narcissist. All Rights Reserved.