Tomorrow we will heading to Steele, AL to ring in the New Year at HP40. I’m nursing a tweaked finger on my right hand and Mrs. Narc is still recovering from her unfortunate ankle injury so it will be another low key HP40 trip. This will be our third consecutive trip there where one or both of us have been injured (or still recovering). Hopefully this will be the last trip where that is the case.
Given my lack of preparation I am trying to keep my goals to a manageable list. Here are a few problems I’m hoping to try:
- The Flow (V7) – I worked this problem on previous trips only to fall off the very last move at the top. I am better than that sort of thing nowadays so I am hoping to clean this one up quickly. Sub 70 degree temps should help quite a bit as well.
- Mortal Combat (V3) – I have always avoided this problem due to it’s reputation for being an ankle breaker, but recon done by a couple of friends seems to indicate it is not that bad.
- Slushpuppy SDS (V8) – Adds a couple of moves into the fun V4/5 stand start.
- It’s A Natural (V7) – I’m always a big fan of problems that have less than 3 moves on them.
- The Thief (V7) – I’m not sure how I feel about the sharp crimps on this problem so whether or not to try this will be a game time decision.
My tips are starting to sweat just writing this so I think I’ll leave it at that. There are (of course) many other fun problems that I have yet to do so goals are subject to change at any second.
If anyone reading this is going to be at HP40 this weekend it would be fantastic to meet up and say hi. I will be the one observing your beta from afar…