Emily Harrington and Sam Elias visit the top of the world
Emily Harrington and Sam Elias leave for…Everest?
I will admit, as this is my second trip to this place, I am blown away by the quality of the rock, the natural nature of the way the routes flow. The fact that I have never dedicated some time to climbing here confuses me, and makes me question whether I even know what the hell I am doing after climbing for 15 years.
Why on earth don’t I live here?
And writing on her blog, Emily Harrington offers some pictures and some insights she gained from climbing with Graham the past couple of weeks:
Dave is one of those individuals who doesn’t train for climbing. He doesn’t believe in it. Instead, he believes in his own creativity and self-expression, and it’s evident when he climbs. He never stops believing in his ability to do a move or complete a route….As Dave has shown me, sometimes using your mind is more important than everything else.
- A time that has been plagued by fickle weather and trips to the mall to visit Hot Topic ↩
Update - More from Harrington on her blog:
I learned alot from climbing on Waka Flocka. I learned how to climb more powerfully, to try harder, and to have patience. Like Chris said, every route is a process, and even the mental aspects don’t come easily. Most importantly though, I realized through this experience how important climbing is to me. I went through a phase a few years ago where I wasn’t sure if climbing was my true passion, or if I’d just gone down that path subconsciously because I didn’t know any different. It took several years to realize how much I care about this sport and the lifestyle that goes along with it. I am fortunate to have this life, and I wouldn’t want it any different.
Results from the Lead World Cup held over the weekend at Boulder, Colorado’s Movement Climbing & Fitness
- Akiyo Noguchi, Alex David Johnson, Alex Johnson, Ally Dorey, Amanda Sutton, Amelia Metcalf, Angela Eiter, Audrey Sniezek, Ben Hoberg, Ben Spannuth, Carlo Traversi, Charlotte Durif, Chelsea Rude, Delaney Miller, Emily Harrington, Ian Dory, Jakob Schubert, Johanna Ernst, Jorg Verhoeven, Josh Levin, Kevin McCartney, Maja Vidmar, Manuel Romain, Matt Hong, Michaela Kiersch, Mina Markovic, Momoka Oda, Noah Ridge, Owen Graham, Paige Claassen, Ramon Julian Puigblanque, Romain Desgranges, Ryan Sewell, Sachi Amma, Sasha DiGiulian, Sean McColl, Shane Puccio, Steve Hong, Tiffany Hensley
- No Areas associated with this post
- sarita: Wow, this was beautiful...
- jaysonnissen: I believe it is left ski track on intersection dom...
- joel: canada's not giving him up, sorry folks. too psyc...
- Between a rock and a nice place.: I think this one works so well because they are bo...
- Bert: I'm not normally a fan of the 'comparison edit'...
- Steve: John Long has several volumes of short stories, in...
- Luke: This story plus 20 more would make for a great boo...
- Video Friday – 5/24/2013 May 24, 2013
- Ticking Time Bombs May 23, 2013
- 10th New River Rendezvous May 22, 2013
- Tragic Death On El Capitan May 21, 2013
- Woods & Robinson Do First Repeats Of Graham’s The Ice Knife (V15) May 20, 2013
- Video Friday – 5/17/2013 May 17, 2013
- 2013 IFSC Bouldering World Cup – Innsbruck Live May 16, 2013